Throughout my career, I’ve learned to adapt to this ever-changing design world. Today, you cannot succeed having only one trade skill. My journey has allowed me to learn and master these skills:
– Graphic design
– Promotional marketing
– Client Relationship building
– SEO / Google Analytics
– Social media
– SWOT Analysis
– Strategy formulation
– Project management
– Brand development
– Public speaking
– Training and development
– Video editing
Professional Work Experience
Association of Energy Services Professionals – April 2017 to Present
- Responsible for providing marketing support to AESP, including serving as the social media liaison; the creation of electronic and printed marketing communication materials, and managing website updates.
Graphic Designer (freelance)
Tribal Era Screen Printing – April 2017 to Present
Working remotely and independently, responsibilities include:
- Consult with the client to determine a concept for design
- Create the designs for apparel and other retail items
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, being efficient as possible to ensure completion by due date
Brewer’s Crew Magazine – April 2016 – Jan 2017
- Achieved tremendous growth in circulation numbers, jumping from 4,000 to 35,000 in 8 months.
- Implement strategic goals and objectives in the creative development process, resulting in exciting new look and feel; bringing in new readers.
AMERIND Risk – July 2013 to April 2016
- Spearheaded a company-wide rebranding project by managing brand guidelines and launching nationwide ad campaign, resulting in $100,000 of new insurance business.
- Implemented new social media communication efforts to reach diverse target market for successful growth of 110% in followers.
- Suggested new budget spending methods saving $15,000 in marketing budget for after one year.
Graphic Design Intern
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Mexico – January 2013 to June 2013
- Assisted in developing marketing plans to achieve organizational goals of growing partnerships with other non-profit organizations.
- Create print collateral for fundraising events.
Freelance Graphic Designer / Marketing Consultant
June 2011 to January 2013
- Assisted small business owners in developing a plan to brand their company. Design work included basic letterhead packages, logo design, marketing material, print ads, digital ad and digital design for special events.
NMSU Physical Science Lab – May 2009 to June 2011
- Created all learning material for PSL summer camps for middle school children.
- Other design work included conference material such as invitations or save-the-date advertisements.
Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA) – emphasis: Graphic Design/Marketing
August 2006 to May 2011
Graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Art Degree – emphasis in graphic design along with a minor in marketing. Studies included typography, brand identity, package design, sustainability, small business management, and advertising.